Results from the Nabba International, Cage Fighting Championships in Sydney and Kickboxing in Liverpool.
Kicking off with the Nabba International in Melbourne on Sunday where three of our athletes were competing. Georgia Holton and Penny Lomas were both competing in the Class 1 WFF Figure Division. Both girls looked amazing on the day in a strong field with Georgia picking up 3rd place and Penny just missing out on the placing. The girls are back into training today as they are competing again this weekend at the Nabba Southerns on the Gold Coast. Hayley Bertram competed in the Nabba Figure Class 1 division in another tough line-up where she came away with a 3rd placing to. A great effort by all three of our girls, who we will be catching up with tomorrow to have a chat about how they went.
To Kickboxing news and fighter Jessy Rose who fought in Resurrection II in Liverpool on Friday night against Dijana Spasojevik. She dominated for all three rounds and won by unanimous decision. She had this to say after the fight, "Hell yeh, so happy!! Straight back into training tomorrow though as I have a fight on Brace for War in 4 weeks time." We will be getting a full run down of her fight later on today.
To MMA news and CFC continued in Sydney on Friday night with Jon Leven on the fight card. He came up against James Vanikolo and in an absolute war between the two fighters, James won by TKO stoppage with only 30secs left in the 3rd round. Jon had this to say after the bout, "Solid fight, and I am not damaged at all so back to training Tuesday for my next fight against Chris Johnstone on Nitro 7th July."
We have a heap of new blogs, interviews, articles and training videos going up this week.
Remember to check out twitter and facebook pages for any news, just simply click the Icons at the top of the screen.
- Georgia Holton - 2013 Series Blogs
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – September ‘Moving forward’
- Maddie Hidalgo - Back on the Bike
- Shannon McCann - T-Minus 9 Days
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – August ‘Knowledge is power’
- Trent Grimsey - English Channel World Record
- Nathan Johnstone - Sunday in the Park
- Jenny Owens - 2nd NZ Camp Complete
- Lauren Staveley - My Concussion
- Trent Grimsey - Seven marathons in eight weeks
- Bec "Rowdy" Hyatt Channel 10 News (Invicta FC / Female MMA)
- Bec Rippon - Olympic Water Polo Preview
- Nathan Johnstone - Catch - Up
- Marnie Hudson - Olympic Hockey Preview
- Lauren Staveley - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Gokhan Turkyilmaz - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Shannon McCann - Olympic Athletics Preview
- Alyce Burnett - Olympic Kayak Preview
- Mitch Larkin - The Olympic Dream
- Jade Neilsen - Lead into the London Olympics
- What’s your blueprint?
- Recipes For Optimal Health with Natural Naughties
- How does an athlete stay motivated to diet
- Dealing with the 'yips'
- New Insights into Theaffeine™ - Australian Fight Sports Performance Company Nutrition Underground® Deals a Lethal Blow to the Stimulant-Based Supplement Industry