By Veronika Larisova
The first time I saw Silvia, in March 2010, her physique was so perfect that I thought straight away she must have been competing in Miss Figure or Fitness…She has not. She said she would love to but did not think she was good enough. Not yet anyway. She has been going to gym since the age of 15 dreaming of becoming one of the girls in Muscle & Fitness magazine.
Silvia decided to start competing in May 2010 but her preparation has not started until September 2010. I have helped with a preparation for her first competition as much as I could as I had a bit of experience from the past. Silvia went to watch few ANB and INBA competitions and spent lost of time researching online. However, it did not seem to be enough. Silvia did not go very well at her first ANB novice competition in October 2010 but, as they say, “Every experience is a good experience”…That day, Silvia met Daniel Fletcher who offered her a help with her final week’s preparation for IFBB National Championships which was exactly a week after the ANB competition. Daniel changed Silvia’s diet for the week and gave her some valuable stage tips…Silvia placed 2nd IFBB Figure Novice. It was a tough call as there were 22 girls on a stage, many of them much taller than Silvia, as the Novice category was not differentiated by height.
The cards have changed from then onwards and Silvia started living her dream. In 2011, she placed 1st in IFBB Australasia Championships Figure Novice, 1st in IFBB National Championships Open Figure and 3rd in IFBB State Bodybuilding Championships Western Australia Open Figure. Her next competition is Fit-X in March 2012 in Melbourne and she is going for the gold.
Silvia always trains hard and loves every minute of it as it makes her happy and confident. She also enjoys morning cardio and long walks. What she doesn’t enjoy as much is pre-comp dieting and posing practice. Although she said that the reflection in the mirror makes her happy in the end and the feeling beats all the painJ
Of- season, Silvia does resistance training 4-5 days each week. Her pre-competition training consists of 5 resistance and 5 cardio sessions each week…with her training buddy Daniela Alderman. Silvia estimated the cost of her training and nutrition, including supplements, at about $700 per week. Tough gig without a sponsor. Silvia thinks that the cost is one of the reasons for quite low popularity of bodybuilding in Australia.
Besides well-known names such as Ava Cowan, Larissa Reis, Nicole Wilkins Lee, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Phil Heath, Silvia’s biggest inspiration is Daniela O’Mara because of her physique, natural beauty and generosity in providing advice and motivation.
Silvia’s ultimate sports goal is to become a professional Miss Figure contestant and compete in Arnold Classics and Olympia. Her career goal is to become elite personal trainer and coach. She has recently completed her Certificate IV in Fitness.
…to get lean: 1. Eat 5-6 small meals a day
2. Always prepare your meals to prevent binging on takeaways
3. Combine resistance and cardio training, they are both important
….to do well at your first comp: GET A GOOD COACH!
Weight: 51kg off season, 48kg comp
“People will hate you, rate you, shake you and break you.
But how strong you stand is what makes YOU”
Share with Friends
By A Web Design
From the Athlete's Mouth - Blogs
- Georgia Holton - 2013 Series Blogs
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – September ‘Moving forward’
- Maddie Hidalgo - Back on the Bike
- Shannon McCann - T-Minus 9 Days
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – August ‘Knowledge is power’
- Trent Grimsey - English Channel World Record
- Nathan Johnstone - Sunday in the Park
- Jenny Owens - 2nd NZ Camp Complete
Hot Off the Phone Interviews
- Bec "Rowdy" Hyatt Channel 10 News (Invicta FC / Female MMA)
- Bec Rippon - Olympic Water Polo Preview
- Nathan Johnstone - Catch - Up
- Marnie Hudson - Olympic Hockey Preview
- Lauren Staveley - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Gokhan Turkyilmaz - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Shannon McCann - Olympic Athletics Preview
- Alyce Burnett - Olympic Kayak Preview
The Sports Vault Polls
What do you think creates an elite athlete?
- What’s your blueprint?
- Recipes For Optimal Health with Natural Naughties
- How does an athlete stay motivated to diet
- Dealing with the 'yips'
- New Insights into Theaffeine™ - Australian Fight Sports Performance Company Nutrition Underground® Deals a Lethal Blow to the Stimulant-Based Supplement Industry