By Kayla Thompson
Eating a diet high in raw foods incorporated with a healthy exercise regime can change your life dramatically. The health benefits will astonish you.
Natural Naughties promote the raw foods to those who want to improve health, wellbeing, skin, mood, strength, flexibility, build muscle and have loads of energy! More people are turning to raw foods in the fitness industry as they are looking to feel and look better than ever.
I always feel more energetic, happy and healthy when I include more raw foods in my diet and I also train harder and recovery is always great. Not to mention the food tastes amazing.
Raw foods are beneficial to athletes as it is important to feed the body with the correct nutrients in order to recover, feel energetic and strengthen the immune system.
Raw foods are very nutrient dense as they contain more nutrients and have live enzymes unlike cooked food. The raw foods are free from artificial, preservatives and harmful ingredients that are on the market today. It is best to avoid toxins.
Some of my favourite super foods are…
Coconut oil. Is known to boost the immune system, increase metabolism, boost the thyroid and promote a lean body and assist in weight loss if needed.
Raw cacao. This super food taste good in a shake and will make your fell “energetic” Makes a great natural pre work out. Rich in iron, magnesium and chromium. This super food is known to stimulate focus, love, concentration and pleasure.
Maca Maca is a herb that has been found to increase energy levels, encourage growth and stimulate metabolic function. Many nutrients that are found in maca encourage cell production and fuel the system. As this super food increases energy it is great to have before training.
Goji berries Goji berries are a complete protein and loaded with 18 amino acids and all 8 essential amino acids. They are a great source of vitamin c, iron, zinc, copper, vitamin E and B complex vitamins.
Try this nutrient dense shake pre or post workout, it is free from all the nasties and loaded with healthy wholefood ingredients
Natural Naughties Super food pre training shake
½ cup Coconut water (great for hydration)
1 cup cold water
1 tablespoon goji berries
1 teaspoon Maca
1 teaspoon raw cacao
Honey or agave (optional)
1 scoop raw protein (protein is the building block of muscle)
Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender. Serve chilled.
Mention this article to receive a $20.00 voucher towards the Natural Naughties E-book. Offer ends June 15th.
Share with Friends
By A Web Design
From the Athlete's Mouth - Blogs
- Georgia Holton - 2013 Series Blogs
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – September ‘Moving forward’
- Maddie Hidalgo - Back on the Bike
- Shannon McCann - T-Minus 9 Days
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – August ‘Knowledge is power’
- Trent Grimsey - English Channel World Record
- Nathan Johnstone - Sunday in the Park
- Jenny Owens - 2nd NZ Camp Complete
Hot Off the Phone Interviews
- Bec "Rowdy" Hyatt Channel 10 News (Invicta FC / Female MMA)
- Bec Rippon - Olympic Water Polo Preview
- Nathan Johnstone - Catch - Up
- Marnie Hudson - Olympic Hockey Preview
- Lauren Staveley - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Gokhan Turkyilmaz - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Shannon McCann - Olympic Athletics Preview
- Alyce Burnett - Olympic Kayak Preview
The Sports Vault Polls
Who is the hottest athlete?
- What’s your blueprint?
- Recipes For Optimal Health with Natural Naughties
- How does an athlete stay motivated to diet
- Dealing with the 'yips'
- New Insights into Theaffeine™ - Australian Fight Sports Performance Company Nutrition Underground® Deals a Lethal Blow to the Stimulant-Based Supplement Industry