By Chris Dufey
Lean legs. So many females want to improve the look, shape and feel of their legs. Yet so many struggle with achieving it.
I have trained with a lot of females that want this exact goal, and I want to share how you can have the desirable legs that you want.
There are specific reasons why females hold weight on the legs. To save you the scientific lecture on the why, I’ll just tell you what to do.
- Eat green vegetables, anything from the cruciferous family such as watercress, broccoli and cabbage.. When I say this, don’t take it to the tenth degree and only have green veg on your plate, include many other colors’ in your salads and meals such as purples, oranges, reds and yellows. Vegetables have different colors’ due the antioxidants and minerals they hold. Green vegetables have a compound DIM, which prevents aromatization of testosterone to estrogen. Along with losing weight on the legs, it will better your mood and health.
- Low Zinc levels will increase estrogen levels, and promote fat accumulation of legs.
- Oral contraceptives can play havoc with inducing fat legs.
- Excess sugar in the diet along with to much alcohol and not enough water will promote fat to stay on the legs.
- Don’t Microwave your foods. Microwaving destroys the flavonoids in your foods. These are potent antioxidants and enzymes that are needed for proper health and fat loss.
- One of the biggest sources of xeno-oestrogens is found in plastics and skin care products. Xeno-oestrogens have a huge effect on the human endocrine system: The average sperm count fell from 113 million per millilitre in 1940 to 66 million in 1990. In addition, the definition of a “normal” sperm count fell from 60 million per millilitre to 20 million in the same period. (1)
- Having fish oil, zinc, resveratrol and B-Complex supplements can play a big role for creating lean legs. These are recommended only on an individual basis, so consult with me first to get the right information for you.
- As other points strongly suggest, antioxidants play a vital role in lean legs, fat loss and health. Be sure to include blueberries, strawberries and other high antioxidant fruits in your diet. Also having a greens drink once a day such as vital greens, or barely grass helps alkaline the body whilst providing extra antioxidants.
- If you are struggling with losing weight on your legs, then your liver could be the problem. Not having a healthy liver will hinder proper detoxification of the compounds needed to lose weight, and feel great.
- Be sure to be eating adequate protein in your day. A major problem with not having lean legs, and losing body fat is having a diet poor in protein.
- Eating 6-7 meals a day of quality food will keep metabolism up to induce fat burning throughout the day. Stay away from having too many shakes, many are high in copper, and also produce a high insulin response, which could stop or reverse any weight loss.
Having legs similar to Jennifer Hawkins is a dream for many women, but it doesn’t have to be out of reach. Applying the right methods that are for you, and making the right training and eating choices does create leaner legs.
Share with Friends
By A Web Design
From the Athlete's Mouth - Blogs
- Georgia Holton - 2013 Series Blogs
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – September ‘Moving forward’
- Maddie Hidalgo - Back on the Bike
- Shannon McCann - T-Minus 9 Days
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – August ‘Knowledge is power’
- Trent Grimsey - English Channel World Record
- Nathan Johnstone - Sunday in the Park
- Jenny Owens - 2nd NZ Camp Complete
Hot Off the Phone Interviews
- Bec "Rowdy" Hyatt Channel 10 News (Invicta FC / Female MMA)
- Bec Rippon - Olympic Water Polo Preview
- Nathan Johnstone - Catch - Up
- Marnie Hudson - Olympic Hockey Preview
- Lauren Staveley - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Gokhan Turkyilmaz - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Shannon McCann - Olympic Athletics Preview
- Alyce Burnett - Olympic Kayak Preview
The Sports Vault Polls
How many medals do you think Australia will win at the Olympics?
- What’s your blueprint?
- Recipes For Optimal Health with Natural Naughties
- How does an athlete stay motivated to diet
- Dealing with the 'yips'
- New Insights into Theaffeine™ - Australian Fight Sports Performance Company Nutrition Underground® Deals a Lethal Blow to the Stimulant-Based Supplement Industry