Clean eating does not need to be boring! Eat the Natural Naughties Way!
Often when you mention ‘clean’ eating, chicken and broccoli come to mind. Yes both chicken and broccoli are nutrient dense foods loaded with health benefits and assist in maintaining health and well-being. However eating the same food all the time does get boring and is UN necessary.
Often people ‘fall of track’ when following a ‘clean eating’ plan as it gets boring, can be hard to maintain or lacks other essential vitamins and minerals. Athletes need to stay on track with eating a clean and healthy diet to help assist in recovery, performance and a healthy immune system.
It is important to get a range of nutrients and vitamins from your food, as well as quality fats. Clean eating does not have to be boring, nature has provided us with so many great foods. Most things that grow and do not come in a packet are healthy and nutrient dense. For example healthy foods include organic meat, fruit, nuts, vegetables, sea vegetables and good quality fats. Most food that comes in a packet and contain more then 5 ingredients are heavy processed foods and not beneficial to heath. For example most chocolate bars, chips, crackers (most packet foods sold in supermarkets). Foods that come in a packet that still Natural Naughties approved include spirulina, maca and cacao. On the ingredients label they only contain 1 ingredient, not 1000 words that no one really knows the meaning of!
Try shop at fruit shops, fish shops, organic butchers, organic shops and markets. These places have fresh and natural produce. Best to support local farmers!
Including lots of raw food in your diet will increase the nutrition, vitamins and minerals. Raw foods also add so much flavour and variety to your meals. The options are never ending, so you are less likely to fall of track!
The recipe below is a great example of a HIGH RAW FOOD MEAL that does contain some chicken, great for those who need the protein for muscle recovery, or are on a high protein diet for weight loss. No more bland and boring food! A great way to show you can include raw food in your current eating plan without going to ‘extream”
Natural Naughties Gluten Free Italian Chicken Pasta Dish
Italian inspired dish that is gluten free. Great for those on a higher protein diet. Loaded with raw nutrients and taste amazing!
4 medium zucchini
480 grams mince chicken (lean and organic)
1 teaspoon coconut oil or organic butter
1 cup sundried tomato
4 small tomatoes
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
4 basil leaves (chopped)
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 teaspoon dried chilli
Pinch sea salt
To make pasta
Use a spiroli to make raw zucchini pasta strips. If you do not have one then just chop zucchini into bite size pieces.
To Make Chicken Mince
Lightly fry onion and chicken in coconut oil until cooked.
To make sauce
Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until combined.
Combine the pasta, sauce and chicken. Serve with chopped nuts and basil leafs.
*Serve with cottage cheese or Natural Naughties Raw Cashew cheese (dairy free)
This is a picture of the raw pasta without chicken
For more recipes check out my e-book, order under the order tab on www.naturalnaughties.com
Natural Naughties Love <3
Share with Friends
By A Web Design
From the Athlete's Mouth - Blogs
- Georgia Holton - 2013 Series Blogs
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – September ‘Moving forward’
- Maddie Hidalgo - Back on the Bike
- Shannon McCann - T-Minus 9 Days
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – August ‘Knowledge is power’
- Trent Grimsey - English Channel World Record
- Nathan Johnstone - Sunday in the Park
- Jenny Owens - 2nd NZ Camp Complete
Hot Off the Phone Interviews
- Bec "Rowdy" Hyatt Channel 10 News (Invicta FC / Female MMA)
- Bec Rippon - Olympic Water Polo Preview
- Nathan Johnstone - Catch - Up
- Marnie Hudson - Olympic Hockey Preview
- Lauren Staveley - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Gokhan Turkyilmaz - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Shannon McCann - Olympic Athletics Preview
- Alyce Burnett - Olympic Kayak Preview
The Sports Vault Polls
What is your favourite sport?
- What’s your blueprint?
- Recipes For Optimal Health with Natural Naughties
- How does an athlete stay motivated to diet
- Dealing with the 'yips'
- New Insights into Theaffeine™ - Australian Fight Sports Performance Company Nutrition Underground® Deals a Lethal Blow to the Stimulant-Based Supplement Industry