We kick off with some results from the IAAF World Junior Champsionships and the 2012 ICF Canoe Slalom/U23 Junior World Championships where we have athletes competing.
Starting with the International Association of Athletics Federations World Junior Championships which have been in action the last few days in Barcelona, Spain. Steven Solomon cruised through to the finals of the 400m at the event in a time of 46.07 seconds putting him in lane 8 for the finals. He put in a mammoth performance making him the 3rd fastest Junior over 400m in a personal best time of 45.52 seconds and taking home a bronze medal. A great effort by Steve, we are super proud of him.
In the long jump Brooke Stratton was competing, she made it through to the finals of the event with a jump of 6.26 metres on the 12th of July which was also her birthday. She will be starting in position number 1 in tonight's finals which kicks off at around 2am on Saturday morning the 14th of July. You can go to the official IAAF site to view live results and streaming here.
Over to the USA now with the 2012 International Canoe Federations Canoe Slalom/U23 Junior World Championships being in action. Jess Fox has been competing in the Junior events. On Wednesday she made it through to the Semi's of the C1 in a time of 131.89 which qualified her 1st fastest in the Semi's which are on during the early hours of Saturday morning. She then competing in the K1 finishing in a time of 121.27 which again qualified her 1st fastest for the semi's which are on early Saturday morning to. You can watch Jess live and see all the results by clicking here.
We wish Brooke and Jess all the best in their Semis and finals and no doubt they will do all of Australia proud.
With the Olympics only a couple of weeks away, many of the teams and squads have left the country and are in their last training camps before the events. We cant wait to support and cheer on all our athletes and every Australian athlete competing. Make sure if you haven't already to get onto our Facebook and Twitter pages and join in the support with us for all these athletes as they strive for Gold and make all of Australia proud.
Share with Friends
By A Web Design
From the Athlete's Mouth - Blogs
- Georgia Holton - 2013 Series Blogs
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – September ‘Moving forward’
- Maddie Hidalgo - Back on the Bike
- Shannon McCann - T-Minus 9 Days
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – August ‘Knowledge is power’
- Trent Grimsey - English Channel World Record
- Nathan Johnstone - Sunday in the Park
- Jenny Owens - 2nd NZ Camp Complete
Hot Off the Phone Interviews
- Bec "Rowdy" Hyatt Channel 10 News (Invicta FC / Female MMA)
- Bec Rippon - Olympic Water Polo Preview
- Nathan Johnstone - Catch - Up
- Marnie Hudson - Olympic Hockey Preview
- Lauren Staveley - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Gokhan Turkyilmaz - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Shannon McCann - Olympic Athletics Preview
- Alyce Burnett - Olympic Kayak Preview
The Sports Vault Polls
Who is the hottest athlete?
- What’s your blueprint?
- Recipes For Optimal Health with Natural Naughties
- How does an athlete stay motivated to diet
- Dealing with the 'yips'
- New Insights into Theaffeine™ - Australian Fight Sports Performance Company Nutrition Underground® Deals a Lethal Blow to the Stimulant-Based Supplement Industry