- Category: Swimming
How did you become involved in swimming?
grade 1 because my older sister swam.
Who is your sporting hero?
Age you started in your sport?
Height, weight, age?
178cm, 69kg, 24yr
Currently completing bachelor clinical exercise physiology
What motivates you to continue in your sport?
Achieving my goals
Who do you race for club/state?
Chandler swim club, Qld
People that have inspired you both in sport and life?
My coach Stephan Widmer and my parents.
Great experiences that have happened in your life?
Travelling the world for swimming.
Winning commonwealth gold 2010
Your interests and hobbies?
music: Drummer in Brisbane rock band Shotgun Breakfast
One tip or quote that continues to inspire you?
"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."
Family Background(where did you grow up) and Current Family
Lived in Brisbane my whole life.
What is your happiest memory?
Making my first national Australian team
Who did you idolize growing up?
Ian Thorpe, Keiran Perkins
What is one thing you would share with the children wanting to follow in your footsteps?
Anyone can achieve great things in their sport if they have the passion and motivation to do so
Who has been your biggest supporter?
Who has been your best coach?
Sporting Background and current list of results/achievements?
National age bronze medal at 16yr 50m free
National age bronze/silver medal 100free/50free 18yr
Australian Team 2009,2010,2011.
Commonwealth Gold 2010.
World Championships Gold 2011
Favourite Foods/Diet you follow?
Indian butter chicken
What is the ultimate prize in your sport?
Olympic Gold Medal
What do you find to be the toughest aspect of your sport?
Dealing with the training intensity and the discipline the sport requires of you
What is your favourite movie?
Do you believe "never giving up" is the difference between making it and not making it in any sport?
Yes and no. Sometimes you need to see the lows of your sport before you can achieve the highs
Have you ever failed at anything? If yes how did you overcome this?
yes, overcame this by learning from my mistakes and trying again.
What inspired you to succeed?
The feeling off success
What did you want to be as a kid growing up?
Your future goals in your sports, and goals when you finish your sport?
To win Olympic gold.
Be in a successful rock band after swimming.
Become a millionaire before im 30.
If you could have dinner with 5 people who would they be?
What is one item you cannot live without?
People you would like to thank?
Parents, Stephan Widmer + Matt Brown (Coaches),
Share with Friends
By A Web Design
From the Athlete's Mouth - Blogs
- Georgia Holton - 2013 Series Blogs
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – September ‘Moving forward’
- Maddie Hidalgo - Back on the Bike
- Shannon McCann - T-Minus 9 Days
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – August ‘Knowledge is power’
- Trent Grimsey - English Channel World Record
- Nathan Johnstone - Sunday in the Park
- Jenny Owens - 2nd NZ Camp Complete
Hot Off the Phone Interviews
- Bec "Rowdy" Hyatt Channel 10 News (Invicta FC / Female MMA)
- Bec Rippon - Olympic Water Polo Preview
- Nathan Johnstone - Catch - Up
- Marnie Hudson - Olympic Hockey Preview
- Lauren Staveley - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Gokhan Turkyilmaz - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Shannon McCann - Olympic Athletics Preview
- Alyce Burnett - Olympic Kayak Preview
The Sports Vault Polls
Is recovery important in an athletes journey?
- What’s your blueprint?
- Recipes For Optimal Health with Natural Naughties
- How does an athlete stay motivated to diet
- Dealing with the 'yips'
- New Insights into Theaffeine™ - Australian Fight Sports Performance Company Nutrition Underground® Deals a Lethal Blow to the Stimulant-Based Supplement Industry