- Category: Writers
I came to Australia from Czech Republic in 2003 to study Human Movement (Sport and Exercise Science) at the Queensland University of Technology. As a part of my studies, I’ve learned about sports nutrition, psychology, biomechanics and physiology.
I became a Personal Trainer in 2005 and worked for various companies, gyms and PT businesses throughout my studies including Gold Coast United soccer team, Gold Coast Hospital, Acceleration Australia and Rehab MX. When I completed my studies, I started my own Personal Training business on the Gold Coast. I have moved to Sydney in 2010 to work as Exercise Physiologist, secretly planning to fulfill my dream of working as Personal Trainer and Strength& Conditioning Coach at Bondi BeachJ I currently work at Shift60 at Bondi.
My Qualifications, Accreditation's and Initiatives
Bachelor of Applied Science (Human Movement Studies)
Accredited Exercise Physiologist (Exercise and Sport Science Australia)
Strength and Conditioning Coach Level 2 (The Australian Strength and Conditioning Association)
Sports Coach Level 1 (Sports Medicine Australia)
Certificates III and IV in Fitness
Climbing Instructor (Artificial Surfaces)
Accredited Cardiac Scientist/Technician
My Sport and Fitness Background
I spent most of my childhood/teenage competing in Dancesport (Latin Ballroom) on a national (Czech Republic) and international level.
In 2006, I have fulfilled one of my childhood dreams and competed in IFBB Miss Figure in QLD. Through the training and preparation, I have gained a lot of personal experience about body sculpting, nutrition, motivation and goal setting.
Although I still love dancing and going to gym, my main hobby has become running. I’ve been trying to attend as many fun runs as I can fit in my schedule and this year, I have completed my first full marathon!!!
Share with Friends
By A Web Design
From the Athlete's Mouth - Blogs
- Georgia Holton - 2013 Series Blogs
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – September ‘Moving forward’
- Maddie Hidalgo - Back on the Bike
- Shannon McCann - T-Minus 9 Days
- Georgia Holton - Off Season Blog Series – August ‘Knowledge is power’
- Trent Grimsey - English Channel World Record
- Nathan Johnstone - Sunday in the Park
- Jenny Owens - 2nd NZ Camp Complete
Hot Off the Phone Interviews
- Bec "Rowdy" Hyatt Channel 10 News (Invicta FC / Female MMA)
- Bec Rippon - Olympic Water Polo Preview
- Nathan Johnstone - Catch - Up
- Marnie Hudson - Olympic Hockey Preview
- Lauren Staveley - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Gokhan Turkyilmaz - Olympics and what they mean to you
- Shannon McCann - Olympic Athletics Preview
- Alyce Burnett - Olympic Kayak Preview
The Sports Vault Polls
What do you think creates an elite athlete?
- What’s your blueprint?
- Recipes For Optimal Health with Natural Naughties
- How does an athlete stay motivated to diet
- Dealing with the 'yips'
- New Insights into Theaffeine™ - Australian Fight Sports Performance Company Nutrition Underground® Deals a Lethal Blow to the Stimulant-Based Supplement Industry